PTO Board Members:
- Cate Leonardis, President
- Tara Ziliolli, Vice President
- Carey Begely, Treasurer
- Marie Reffler, Recording Secretary
- Sarah 0’Connor, Corresponding Secretary
Call to Order:
- Introduction of the new board and president.
Updates from The Board
- Fall Fundraising Ideas
- New ideas are welcome for this year’s fundraising.
- The Sea Girt School Artisan/Craft Market (the PTO’s biggest fundraiser) will not happen this year due to Covid restrictions.
- Potential Ideas suggested:
- Pie Sale (partner with a local bakery)
- Scarecrow fundraiser
- Calendar Sales
- The PTO Calendar is on sale on Myfooddays.com
- Open Volunteer Positions:
- Enrichment Chair
- Noelle Arthurholdt volunteered at this meeting to manage the enrichment program.
- Artisan market vendor Support
- It was suggested that we support our regular vendors via their Etsy shops.
- Walk/Bike to School
- This event will happen this year but will be limited due to social distancing.
- PTO Board is working on revising and editing the current website.
- A content manager volunteer is needed.
- Class Parent update
- All positions have been filled.
- Teacher requests to be submitted to the PTO for review.
- Budget report
- Without the artisan market there is a deficit in the PTO’s overall budget.
- $6800 needed to cover all PTo sponered activities for the year.
- Additional fundraising ideas are needed.
- A virtual fundraiser was suggested.
- No updates at this time
- No updates at this time.
Update from the Superintendent
- First day of school went very well. Mr. Papera appreciates all of the cooperation and effort.
- Plans for the next phase will be introduced at the end of the month.
- Some highlights regarding the morning health screening:
- If a sibling is not feeling well please keep the children home from school.
- Contact Mrs. Ryder with any questions.
- Error on the side of caution at all times.
Other Committee Chair Updates
- Apparel for Eighth Grade
- Megan Schnurr spoke on behalf of the eight grade parents and shared that they are still selling apparel to raise funds for the eight-grade class trip to Washington DC.
- The Eighth Grade Car Wash/Haunted Hayride
- A date for the car wash is TBD. The date on the calendar is incorrect.
- Additional information is forthcoming.
- The haunted hayride will continue with some minor changes due to social distancing. The eight graders will help with this activity.
- Family Fun Night
- Nancy Wierman working with Boosters on a potential outdoor movie night.
- Janine D’Altrui is the chairperson and has introduced a pop up shop with new apparel options.
- The pop up shop will probably be available again at Christmas time.
Meeting Adjourned: 10:12am