WE ARE IN FULL SWING!
Fall is off to a roaring start and with our annual fundraisers going to plan, we couldn’t be more ready to embrace the change of season! The Scarecrows lined up along Bell Place give us all the fall feels and we hope they’re doing the same for you. Our fall social is in just a few days at Fratello’s, if you can believe it. And most notably, our highly anticipated Craft Market is set to roll out for a 1 day, outdoor event, on November 20. We are looking forward to seeing all of our SGES students in their costumes on Friday and Sunday. Have a fun and safe Halloween!
Our November PTO meeting will be Thursday 11/11 at 8:30am on the picnic benches. Please bring all of your questions and suggestions. This will be a great opportunity to meet the members of the PTO and members of our SGES community, learn about fundraising plans for the school year and sign up for any volunteer positions that are open. We hope to see you all there!
Our first parent hang out of the school year will be our fall social on Friday 10/29 at 6:00pm. Our friends at Fratello’s will be hosting us; food and drinks will be served. A big shout out to Chantal and Brian Nash for organizing this sure to be fun evening. Tickets are $30 and can be purchased through Chantal or Carey Begley with cash or Venmo. Reach out to either for Venmo info. RSVP’s by 10/28 would be appreciated and can be emailed or texted to Chantal. We can’t wait to see everyone there!
We can’t emphasize enough how important volunteers are to the success of the school year. There are many things our parents and kids want to see happen throughout the year that are made possible because of those who volunteer. Please reach out to a PTO member to find out how you can become part of a committee or become a committee Chair. WE ARE ALL THE PTO!
Our annual scarecrow fundraiser has succeeded in doing what it always seems to do: make us smile, laugh and get us right in the mood for Halloween. Thank you so much to those who have participated so far. You’ve done such a great job! We hope it’s been just as much fun for your kids coming up with ideas and decorating them, as it’s been for us to see them along the fence. For anyone who is still looking to purchase one, please reach out to a board member. We have just a few left!
Calendars are still available for purchase. They are $30 each and feature our children’s artwork, dates to remember and a school directory. A giant thank you to Mariam Savaria for making the calendar happen this year. It looks great! Calendars will be available to purchase at our PTO meeting on Thursday 11/11 – 8:30am.
We are so excited to announce that we will be holding our annual Sea Girt Artisan Market on Saturday, November 20 (rain date Sunday 11/21). The market will be held outdoors, in the school parking lot, from 10:00am-4:00pm. Our kitchen will be serving lunch, our bake booth will be selling baked goods and we will have raffle baskets available for those to take chances on winning. We are in big time need of volunteers for the day of the market, in all areas. We are asking that parents sign up for 2hr shifts. A sign up table will be made available at the Halloween parade on Friday. If weather doesn’t permit the parade to happen outside, an electronic sign up option will be made available. Thank you in advance and we are so looking forward to kicking off the holiday season on November 20!
BAKE BOOTH – CRAFT MARKET
The following is a message from our Bake Booth chair, Dana Reid. Please read!
- Each family is asked to drop off at least one homemade baked good for every child enrolled at school. (Please do not drop off any store bought items.)
- Cakes and pies yield the highest profit. Please do not slice any cakes or pies as they are sold whole.
- Drop off times are Friday, Nov. 19th between 3:00 and 6:30 at school. You may also drop off on Saturday, Nov. 20th between 8:00 and 10:00. There will be a drop-off table set up by the side door near the playground.
- All items are to be dropped off in a disposable tin or plate. Nothing will be returned to you. If you are in need of a disposable tin, please pick one up at the outside tables after school Monday through Thursday (11/15-18) until supplies last.
- Label your item(s). Please let us know what you baked and if there are any nuts. It is helpful to place your name on the item so we can contact you if there are any questions in regards to ingredients or refrigeration.
- Thank you for all your help in making the bake booth a successful endeavor this year!
We are looking to move away from our current website and become a tab on www.seagirt.k12.nj.us . This would involve some minor tech work that would consist of copying and pasting, no coding of any sort. If anyone is interested in helping out with the switch over, please let a PTO member know. In the mean time, our website is still up and past newsletters and PTO minutes can be found there. Also, please follow @sgpatriotpride on Instagram for the latest PTO announcements, info and pics.
With Patriot Pride,