PTO Newsletter – November 17th, 2019
The Sea Girt Elementary School PTO Artisan Market is SOLD OUT and the weather looks Great!. Make sure you start baking and also sign up for a volunteer spot, details below.
REMEMBER SANTA BREAKFAST IS NOW DECEMBER 14TH, MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
SEA GIRT ARTISAN MARKET-CALL FOR BAKED GOODS
Each year the bake booth at the Artisan Market is one of the best revenue sources and people always come back for more. Each parent is expected to make one baked good item per student. See below for drop off and baked good information. Please do not forget that a lot of items sell out on Saturday, be sure to have another item ready for Sunday morning to keep the people coming back for more.
- Drop off times are Friday, Nov. 22nd between 8:30 and 11:00 (there will be a table set up in the front hallway of the school) and 3:00 through 6:00. You may also drop off on Saturday, Nov. 23rd between 9 :00 and noon in the faculty room.
- All items are to be dropped off in a disposable tin or plate. Nothing will be returned to you. Tins are available for you on the table at the school entrance beginning Monday, Nov. 18th.
- Label your baked good. Please let us know what you baked and if there are any nuts or other common allergens. It is helpful to place your name on the item so we can contact you if there are any questions in regards to ingredients or refrigeration.
- Please do not slice any cakes or pies. These items are sold whole.
Everything sold at our market is advertised as homemade. We kindly ask that you refrain from dropping off store bought items. LETS GET BAKING!
SEA GIRT ARTISAN MARKET-VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
The Sea Girt Artisan Market gym is full and ready for another great show. In order to run the largest fundraiser for the PTO the Market depends on a large community of volunteers. No matter what time or what your pleasure there is a place for you on Artisan Market weekend November 23rd and 24th. (Please note that the date in the School Calendar is incorrect). Please go to the following link https://signup.com/go/yFTpEKH to sign up and help make the PTO’s largest fundraiser another successful event. This event takes almost a year to plan and depends largely upon volunteers. Please click the link https://signup.com/go/yFTpEKH and find a place where you can help us make this another successful year. There are plenty of different ways to volunteer and lots of different spots and openings. Please support the SGES Community, the students, the teachers, the staff and the PTO and all that this fund raising goes to support. The PTO funds class trips, scholarships, enrichment, assemblies, teacher needs, capital needs, art appreciation, school projects, Booster Support, Field Day, Eight Grade Trip, Santa Breakfast and so much more
SEA GIRT PTO SCARECROW FUNDRAISER
The Sea Girt PTO Scarecrow fundraiser was a huge success! It is also great to see the various types of scarecrows along the fence line. If you want to keep your scarecrow for next year you can cut the zip ties and remove it by November 30th 2019. Else they will be removed after this date.
Thank you for you support and creativity which benefits all the programs that the PTO supports. Hope to see them again next year.
A few date reminders for this week and the coming month:
|Artisan Market||November 22nd & 23rd|
|Half Days-Conferences||November 25-27th|
|School Closed||November 28-29th|
The PTO thanks all the families for their continued support in moving forward all the activities and fundraisers throughout the year. Without the support of the administration, faculty, staff and families we could not meet our goals and carry forward our mission.
The PTO utilizes digital channels to help enhance our communication. Here are the many ways you can keep up with PTO activities:
- The weekly newsletters (you’re reading it!)
- Additions to the Tuesday and Friday school emails
- Our new website (newsletters, events, store, contact form, and more)
- Our PTO email: email@example.com
- PTO Meetings – You’re invited! Please join us monthly to discuss current issues, fundraising, events, volunteering, programs, goals, and anything else important to supporting our school.
- In Person – You can always approach anyone on the PTO board at school, on the playground, around town, or any way you choose.
Please let us know what’s working for you (and what isn’t). If there is anything would like to see us do differently, please let us know. We’re listening on all channels!
Please help to make 2020 a year filled with Patriot Pride at SGES!
With Patriot Pride,
The Sea Girt PTO Board