- Organize and present art history and a brief hands on art lesson to students in the classroom, two to three times a year per class. Typically from Pre-K through 5th Grade. Chairperson is responsible to work with each class parent or other volunteers from classes to complete lessons. Held at various times throughout the year as per coordination with teacher. Lessons plans compiled by the PTO. In addition, with advanced notice the PTO will purchase necessary supplies for each lesson. Class Art Appreciation Chairperson shall check the stock first prior to ordering additional supplies.
- Research educational presentations and coordinate them with school curriculum. Plan and schedule each event with school administrators. Subject should be both interesting and fun for the students. Typically subject teaches students a lesson or broaches a topic through interactive learning. Held at various times spread throughout the year.
Board of Education Liaison
- Attend monthly board meetings and report back pertinent information to the PTO.
- Coordinate scheduling, setup and breakdown of the event. Scholastic Book Fair runs once or twice a year. Once early in the year is typical. Book Fair is for all grades. Chairperson coordinates scheduling, setup and breakdown of event. Dates to be coordinated with the school.
- Prepare and create our PTO school calendar. The calendar usually contains children’s artwork. The photos of the art can be taken by the chairperson or the Art Teacher. Sometimes during the Spring Art show or can be through the year. Calendar has all birthdays and events listed along with current employee and family listing. Can be done online. It is important to confirm dates for tests, breaks, in-service days with administration. This task should be started early summer and be to print mid-August for preordering and distribution first day of school
Class Parent Coordinator
- Work closely with teacher and PTO to plan and organize volunteers for events and any extra activities in and out of the classroom. IN charge of all class parents and communications between the class parents ant the Executive PTO Board. This is a year round commitment.
- Develop, oversee, and coordinate our November Craft Market. Sub committees include Crafters, Bake Booth, Hospitality, Publicity, and Kitchen & Parking. This Chairperson should be organized and capable of multitasking. Person is also responsible for marketing and vendor communication. The market is held the weekend prior to Thanksgiving but the commitment and planning starts January through November.
- Organizes interesting and fun programs offered after school and during the summer.
- Arranges an evening of socializing and fun for our parents to meet and greet and connect. Various different venues. Usually late September/early October.
- Creates opportunity for school families to enjoy family fun related activities. Movie night / Bowling etc. Can be held at any time throughout the year. Once definitely, usually spring, maybe twice including a fall venue.
Father Daughter Event
- Orchestrates an afternoon or evening event for fathers and daughters to enjoy. Usually in February, not to be conflicted with Belmar St. Patrick’s Day Parade. Can be a dance or activity. Usually has some type of food and activities at the event.
- Help PTO executive officers organize fundraisers, and have fun doing it! *All Members
- This group reaches out to members of the school community that may be in need during a time of crisis, with dinners & general support etc. This is a year round position, depending on needs of the community.
- Coordinates a day in December where students can shop affordably for the holidays. Entails purchasing items & setting up event with wrappers and volunteers.
- Coordinates serving refreshments at various events where PTO offers food and drinks. This includes back to school morning, breakfast for the teachers and also various events throughout the year that the PTO sponsors.
- Oversees all operations of school lunch program. Volunteers, ordering, supplies & service. This is a year round position that involves weekly commitments and monthly orders. This also includes coordinating with various lunch vendors, label printing and being present at the school during lunch when necessary. This can be a committee person with several support people.
Memorial Day Games
- Organizes a carnival style event held at Baltimore Park, usually with food and games. Can be coordinated with various other members of the community, recreation department, Army Camp, Fire Department. Should be fun for kids and have support of community and adults. Run by the school PTO but has widespread community support.
Mother Son Event
- Orchestrates an afternoon or evening event for mothers and sons. Usually in April/May. Requires some planning ahead for a fun time for all involved. Usually also involves some food and games. Venues vary.
- Compiles and distributes pertinent information regarding PTO events and reports via newsletter/email/website. The PTO has established a website. It needs someone to maintain the website, school store and events. Year round position with background in website design or other relevant position.
- Volunteer who attends PTO meetings to ensure that the guidelines of our PTO By-Laws are followed. This is a year round position and should be in attendance at all scheduled PTO Meetings.
- Coordinates an early December morning for light breakfast with crafts and Santa. Participants bring their own camera for snapshots.
- Seeks eligible high school candidates for monetary scholarships provided by the PTO. Reviewing applications, and voting for recipients all fall under duties of this committee. Also responsible for marketing and getting the word out that scholarships are available. Usually a couple of months commitment. Must have meetings for vetting of applications and also attend PTO meeting when scholarships are awarded.
- Volunteers attend monthly meetings with the Alliance of Manasquan sending districts. The objective is to educate families on topics related to drug/alcohol awareness and prevention.
- A fundraiser open to a variety of forms/ideas. Designed to be a night for the parents to socialize and also raise money for a good cause that benefits either the children or the school at large. Various venues and ideas. Sometimes food is involved. Also would be responsible for coordinating silent auction items. Can be chaired by two persons. Usually a six month commitment should start planning early January.
Welcoming & Orientation
- Orient newcomers to the Sea Girt area and school community, foster new friendships, (parent & child). Provide information, share resources, and offer an overall welcoming environment to new families.
- 8th grade parents volunteers gather photos to create this very special memento of their children’s years in school.