PTO Board Members:
- Cate Leonardis, President
- Tara Ziliolli, Vice President
- Carey Begley, Treasurer
- Marie Reffler, Recording Secretary
- Sarah O’Connor, Corresponding Secretary
Call to Order: 08:48 am
- Updates from the Board
- Craft Market- This year’s craft market will be a one-day outdoor event on Saturday, November 5th. We will try to increase the number of vendors from 24 to 35-40, and will start earlier in the day.
- Assemblies- Now that we are in-session again, it’s time to coordinate assembly programs for the students. Students can still be separated by class to maintain COVID protocols. Bittner has several ideas, such as “Lead U There”, “The Brain Show” and a Dr. Seuss birthday event. Sara O’Connor suggested reaching out to the local bookstore to coordinate book authors.
- Father/Daughter Dance- Mrs. Perry and Mrs. Walsifer are on the planning committee and are searching for a Springtime venue. More details to follow.
- Vice President
- Mrs. Alice Keefe and Mrs. Ally Stevens have been named to the nominating committee to appoint next year’s board members.
- The craft market brought in approximately half of the typical profit, which is pretty good given that it was only a one-day event, less crafters committed and the venue was changed to outdoors. Feedback was favorable and the bake goods and gift baskets were a hit.
- Recording Secretary
- No updates at this time
- Corresponding Secretary
- Hoping to organize enrichment programs for the spring.
- No updates at this time.
- Other Committee Chair Updates
- Cate Leonardis- Hoping to change up the lunch program to provide more vendor variety and menu item variety. Main St. Kitchen can no longer provide its services. Suggestions for new vendors appreciated. Also, volunteers are needed to help when the regularly scheduled volunteers cannot make it. Contact Cate if interested. It’s a great opportunity to see your child during school and to meet the other students and teachers.
III. Comments from the Floor
- Suggestion made for possible car raffle in the future. Also to prebook the following school year events so dates can be printed on the calendar. Mrs. Bittner also asked for help stocking the monthly Sunshine Cart which will provide snacks for the staff.
Meeting Adjourned: 09:32am