- Leanne Hoffman/Marjorie Kane – Co-Presidents
- Aimee Geyer-Mihalic – Vice President
- Carey Begley – Treasurer
- Kerri Walsifer – Corresponding Secretary
- Ally Stevens – Recording Secretary
- Alice Keefe – Trustee
Welcome/Call To Order
- Introduction of new board members.
Updates from The Board
- New local vendors have been added to the lunch program and are available to order from on My Food Days.
- Comments and suggestions for additional vendors are welcome.
- Calendar has been updated. Home room teachers received a calendar as a gift from the PTO.
- Teachers Breakfast was a success.
- First Day of School was a success. The students enjoyed the ice cream truck.
- Save the Date for the PTO Fall Social on October 12th. Additional details are forthcoming via the weekly email updates from the school.
- New PTO website is close to completion.
- Meet and Greet:
- Truly a success. Attended by BOE members and many new parents. Thank you to the Leonhardt family for hosting.
- Algonquin Trip
- PTO will purchase tickets for the students.
- A new vendor has been selected to design and create the school apparel. Legacy will be used for all apparel design. Tall socks may be introduced as well as a new Christmas t-shirt. Ordering will be available on the new website.
- New PTO Website
- The new website is close to completion and will have many new features and functions available including the calendar, apparel purchase, PTO announcements and documents.
- Class Parents
- All positions have been filled.
- The State of NJ has approved our raffle license.
- The PTO is upgrading our accounting software to the PTO Today system.
- A square has been purchased to use for PTO credit card transactions (Fundraising, apparel, etc).
- The PTO received thank you notes from the teachers for the breakfast and for the calendars.
Teacher Liaison Report
- Mr. Mundie presented assembly ideas to be considered for the future. Mr. Mundie will obtain pricing and quotes from the following vendors:
- Thomas Wesley Stern
- Sunlab studios
- Mr. Papera thanked the PTO for their contribution to the resurfacing of the playground.
- Mr. Papera thanked the PTO for the teacher’s breakfast and the ice cream truck.
- There are 26 new children including Pre-K.
- 142 students total.
- Sea Girt is currently the top elementary school in Monmouth County.
- Beth O’Reilly (chairperson for PTO Assemblies) presented the assemblies proposed for this year. Lead U was the proposed vendor for an upcoming assembly. Lead U’s message includes empowerment, inclusion, self-esteem as well as additional positive messages appropriate for elementary school children.
- Additional ideas for future assemblies (mindfulness, stress management, and coping skills) were discussed.
- Stephanie Flynn (chairperson for Enrichment) presented an overview on the enrichments available to the students this fall. The enrichments classes available are music, cooking, and yoga.
Other Committee Updates
- Breakfast with Santa is scheduled for Saturday, December 1.
- The Father/Daughter Dance will take place at Spring Lake Golf Club.
Dates to Remember
- Back To School night – 9/20
- Book Fair – 10/2-3
- School Closed – 10/8
- Bike and Walk to School – 10/10
- Fall Social– 10/12
- Next PTO Meeting – 10/16
- Halloween Parade – 10/31
- Carey reviewed current budget.
- Last year’s budget was used as a point of reference to create the new budget.
- Carey reviewed profit, total income, and expenses.
- The budget was voted on and approved.